Tuesday, June 29, 2010

3D Star Technique

Hey there, I have a little tutorial to share today! I am going to show you a very easy way to make 3-dimensional stars.

1. Start by die-cutting or punching out you star shape.


2. Next score the star down the center, from one tip to the "V" between two tips


3. Continue scoring the entire star this way.


4. Pinch the star on the score lines to form peaks and valleys.


5. Ta da! You now have a 3-dimensional star!

To adhere your star to your project, stack pieces of foam adhesive in the center.

The finished result:

The first card I created is a simple congratulations card. I added two dimensional stars, one matted with some yellow paper and topped with a button.

Supplies:
DP: (Quilted Foil [back], Sky Brocade) Lydia Collection by Melody Ross, (Black Floral[back], Blue Floral [back]) Melody Ross Artsy Urban(
Petit Floral Glitter) Melody Ross Lydia Collection, All GCD Studios, (Glitter Transparent Shapes & Tags), (Black Button) Melody Ross Artsy Urban by GCD Studios, Paper crimper: Fiskars, Tool: Pazzles Inspiration

For my second card I created a little something for dad.


I used stars in many shades of blue and sprinkled meaningful words in between them.

Supplies:
DP: (Quilted Foil [back], Sky Brocade [front & back]) Lydia Collection by Melody Ross, (Black Floral[back], Book Page, Blue Floral [back]) Melody Ross Artsy Urban, All GCD Studios
, (Sticky Note Journal Cards) Melody Ross Artsy Urban by GCD Studios, Tool: Pazzles Inspiration
Size: 4.25x5.5"

Yeah, yeah, I know father's day is past, but this could still be a great birthday, or new father card.

I hope you give this technique a try! It is so easy and a great way to add dimension to masculine, or any projects!

Thanks for dropping by!
Heidi

27 comments:

Irena said...

Great idea.
Your cards are so beautiful.

Amy said...

Awesome stars!! I love the dimension it adds. Thanks so much for the tutorial Heidi!!

Hugs,
Amy ♥

~amy~ said...

You know what? I've been thinking I need a star die or punch..you've confirmed it...such a fabbie tut!!! Your cards are excellent sista!

Tiff said...

Now I'm sad I gave away my star punches! LOL! Good thing my cricut is still around! AWESOME tutorial and an even awesomer card!

Charlene said...

Very Very cool Heidi and spectular cards as always :-)

Amy Heller said...

LOVE this Heidi!! Thanks for sharing!!

MrsETaylor said...

These are great Heidi. I love the depth they bring to your already amazing projects

Terrie B x said...

These are Fabulous`Heidi..
great tut..tfs
Enjoy the rest of your week:)x

naomi chokr said...

genius!! i love this tut!

Nina said...

Gorgeous cards, great idea and easy-to follow tutorial! Love it!

Lea L. said...

This is awesome, Heidi! Love those stars!!

♥♥♥Lea

Kryssi said...

that is totally cool! <3!

Kay said...

Get out!! The stars are so easy to make but looks like it wasn't. Love that!!! Thank you for the tutorial Heidi. I will definitely be making some of these wonderful, dimensional stars! Both of your cards are awesome. Love the "father" one! ♥♥ Kay

Eva said...

OK, these stars are the BOMB!!!! I must try!!! Thank you for sharing your amazing creativity!!! Hugs...

Deanna said...

Amazing... I am totally trying this!

Deanna said...

Amazing... I am totally trying this!

DonnaMundinger said...

Hey, we must have been on the same wavelength this past week. Did mine for The Cuttlebug Spot on Monday but didn't post it on my blog 'til yesterday. Great minds think alike! LOL Beautiful cards! xxD

Deanna said...

Tried it!
Love it!
Linked U!
D

Sue in Grapevine said...

Thanks for sharing the 3D stars. Came to you from the PTI blog hop. Someone gave you credit for teaching them how to make these.

Sue Ann said...

YUMMY!! I am going to have to give this a try!!! I love both of your cards ~~

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Thanks for sharing such a great idea!

Marie / Legojenta said...

Thanks for sharing this - I love it!

Cindy Lyles said...

Saw this on pinterest - absolutely brilliant!!

Anonymous said...

Not just that, you can іndulge in more funсtіоns eνen though wеaгing thіs.



Hеre іs my site - please click the Next web page

Anonymous said...

Ηowevеr, it can be a far better wаy to try to quit than bу apρlying other lozenges or patches.


Here is my web-site ... V2 Cigs Coupon

Anonymous said...

Results will probably be shown if utilized 30 minutes every day.



my site :: http://Www.marsvenusatwork.Com/

Anonymous said...

Anybody who is prepared to get a nicely-toned stomach can
use this belt.

My webpage - www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/flex-belt-review-and-latest-coupon-code-savings-now-featured-at-awesomealldaycom-190317331.html