Saturday, July 10, 2010

Party Like It's Your Birthday!

Are you in the mood for a party?

I sure am thanks to this month's GCD Studios theme! I mean even as a grown up I would love to have a birthday as fun as all that, it was so easy to find inspiration to create with.

First off my totally frou frou girly banner card...

What's a party without a banner and a little crepe paper? I used some beautiful papers from the Smoothie Shoppe collection and broke out some Chip Art chipboard and tools for the tag and bird all from GCD Studios.

The over all carnival/circus theme really came through and I could not resist making a little circus tent of my own.

I created the pattern and then paper pieced everything together. The patterned papers are from the Forever Friends Collection and I used brads from Homespun Chic for tie-backs. The flag pole and topper are just a toothpick painted white with a plastic bead on top.

And just in case any of you would like to make your own circus tent card, I thought I'd share the pattern I made.

So, are you in the mood yet?

Thanks a bunch!
Heidi V

25 comments:

Michele said...

OMG!!!!! These are absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!

Laurel said...

Oh My, how amazing!

Eveline said...

It's so hot over here I'm not in the mood for anything. I made one card today with a fan standing straight behind me to cool me during the time it took to make the card!! But I love your cards. Especially the little banners.
Eveline.

Princess Danell said...

AAAACK! So adorable. Thanks for the pattern. I will definitely try the circus tent. And the banner card....delicious!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh that is so fun! Thanks for the pattern!

Irena said...

Very cute and beautiful cards.

Charlene said...

WOW OM Gosh....WONDERFUL CARDS Heidi!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your pattern :-)

Have a great weekend :-) char

Ginny said...

gorgeous Heidi! i love them both soo much! the crepe paper is fab on the first, but i'm so in love with that banner! :D

and your 2nd card with the banner and perfectly matched stripes, the PATTERN you made... all of it is AWESOME ...so pretty and fresh and beautiful.

i'm definitely in the mood! hehe

Kay said...

Oh girlie! You have out done yourself! These could not be more fabulous and darling!! Your tent card is SOOOO CUTE!!!! I majorly love these. Thank you for the pattern, too! :) ♥♥ Kay

Alice Wertz said...

the banner is sooooo cute and the little roses are the perfect touch! and WOW! your tent card is fabulous, Heidi!!!! Thanks for the template! have to try it some time!! =)

Daniela said...

How fun are these!!!! Love them both. Thanks for the template, adorable!!!!

Regan said...

you are killing me!!

Tiffany Heilman said...

wozers, Heidi! Those cards super cute. Love the circus tent and those banners

Lea L. said...

These are so darn cute, Heidi! I love the added flowers on the banner!!

♥Lea

KHornstuen said...

You are talent in first place. Cant wait for you to get rich as well as famous...Your Aunt Maggie tells all of her artist friends that you are her niece and full of family talent. Love, xxxooo Mom

Linda Beeson said...

Oh no! I am so in love with that banner. Cute in every way!

Deanna said...

Holy poop this is adorable!

Dayna said...

I love the little banner and that circus tent........WAY TOO CUTE!! Thanks for the eye candy!!

Peet said...

oh my...these are amazing heidi! Love, love them both!!!
Peet x

Pam Sparks said...

Hi Heidi - I used your tent pattern for a card and it turned out so cute! TFS!

Carmen said...

Popped over from Craft Gossip. Absolutely LOVE this card!! Will definitely be making a version of it myself. Thanks so much for the idea!!

Ellen said...

Super cute tent card! Yhanks for sharing your template!

PaolaEtta said...

Really really cute! Thanks for sharing!

Edna said...

lovely card, thanks for the template, can't wait to make one

salem said...

love it