Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sweet Peas

Hi out there!

Well, I'm happy to say I found a little time to do something that I haven't done in a long, long time, play along with one of the Moxie Fab World Challenges! Woohoo! In the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge Cath asks us to "Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates tissue paper or crepe paper in an innovative way." I have been a little obsessed with crepe paper lately, so this challenge really spoke to me, and truth be told I kind of love what I came up with :) Wanna see?

MFW Tissue Paper Magic det

I even made a quick tutorial to share how I made 'em.

first off let me show you my inspiration.

I was at a party supply store and I noticed that you could buy sixlets candies in almost any color imaginable. When I saw these green ones I immediately thought of peas and the seed of an idea started to sprout. (hee hee, pun intended)

To make the pea pods start by cutting a length of green crepe paper streamer and placing three "peas" in the center.

Next roll the "peas" up and twist the ends of the crepe paper.


Trim the excess length off the ends and...

Voila, a pea pod!


You can embellish them any way you like, here I just twisted up another strip of crepe paper to make a vine. I'm thinking I'll add this to a tag for a baby gift.


For these I added little tags and flowers. Wouldn't these make the sweetest shower favors?

MFW Tissue Paper Magic 1
Supplies:
Cardstock: (cream) The Paper Co., Flower: Prima, Twine: Darcie, Stamp: (Rock A Bye set) Clear and Simple Stamps, Other: Green crepe paper streamers, green sixlet candies.


Hope you enjoyed my little tut!

Have an awesome day!
♥Heidi

30 comments:

Jaclyn Miller said...

So cute and clever!

Ann R. said...

This is PERFECT timing! Having a baby shower for our second daughter this weekend and I was going to look on the internet today for some cute shower favor and now I don't need to! Thanks so much!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

I am absolutely speechless at the brilliance of this idea. If this isn't a winner, I'll eat my hat. Love, love, love it!!

Anne-Marie said...

Now that is what I call inspired! Very, very cute..I'm sure I can make use of thst...always seems to be a new angel on it's way in my family (17 grandkids, and still countin', lol)!

Marlena M. said...

That is too too cute!!! Wow, I love it!

dstandard said...

These are just adorable - what a cute idea!

Rosanne said...

So cute Heidi!

Gina said...

Oh my gracious gravy. I can't tell you how *perfect* this idea is!!! Perfect, absolutely perfect for a baby shower!!!! iLove!

~amy~ said...

a-dorable!

Angela said...

These are AWESOME! love the concept and the tutorial! thanks for sharing!

Michele said...

You are seriously awesome! This is so darn clever and cute!

June Houck said...

Heidi, these are pure GENIUS! What a wonderful baby gift. You need to submit this idea pronto :)

Regan said...

ok...seriously

SHUT UUUUUP!!!

love it

Lisa said...

Too stinkin' cute!

Ravengirl said...

Oh no, you didn't! This is soooo cute!

Cristina said...

WOW! I love this!!!!

Dawn W said...

That is just the cutest thing EVER! Thanks for sharing....I've got a baby shower to go to in my future and this would be super adorable!!

DawnW

Nancy said...

Regan said it best... ;) Thanks for sharing!!!

sherree said...

Adorable!!!Such a clever idea!!

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

What a wonderfully creative idea! They would be great to give out with baby announcements(Our little sweet pea has arrived). It's much better than stinky cigars!!

Jessica said...

Super cute peas!!!

Cath said...

Hey Heidi! Thanks for entering the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

PS I just used Sixlets for party favors for a Tardy Mardi Party I threw recently. I didn't dress them up as sweetly as you did, but they sure added a lot of color to my decor!

Nicki said...

Heidi these are super, super fabulous! What a great idea - I adore that lil' tag :)

Regan said...

Oh my goodness, these are absolutely adorable!! They would make a great favor and I love them! Fabulous work!

VanessaB said...

cutest ever! love that idea. congrats on your maxi fab win :)

Rebecca said...

Sweet Lincoln's Beard!! How adorbs / ingenius / awesome are these little peas!?! I can assure you that making these is in my future. Very deserving of the win.

Simply Sandy said...

These are so awesome what a cute idea and simple to make! Thanks so much for sharing will have to keep this in mind for the next baby shower or gift.

Basement Stamper said...

this is absolutely darling!!

justsomestuffimade said...

Such an adorable favour idea - I just saw them picked out at Moxie Fab World. Big fat congrats!!! ;)
Hugs, Ruth S

Teresa Zuehls said...

Heidi, your sweet pea pods are adorable. You just never know where inspiration will come from. Thanks for sharing.