Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Flower arrangement and Tutorial

Hello!

Today I'd like to share a tutorial for dimensional flowers like these that can be used to create a floral centerpiece, wreath or just about anything else you can think of.


1. Start by cutting a 3"x12" piece of paper.


2. Fold it in half lengthwise.


3. Starting on the folded edge, cut slits about 1/8" to 1/4" apart along the entire length of the paper.

4. once the slits have been cut, glue the un-cut edges together.


5. Adhere one end of the paper strip to a support stick, like a skewer or thin dowel.


6. Begin rolling the strip around the stick.


7. When you have rolled the entire length of the paper onto the stick glue the loose end down.


8. Start opening up your paper flower by pulling the "petals" down one at a time starting from the outside and working toward the middle.


Your finished flower should be full, round and ready to go!


I decided to make a late summer/fall center piece for my table with my flowers and one of these carvable faux pumpkins from the craft store.


I simply cut an opening in the top and started filling it with flowers.

I created 9 flowers using papers from the Soul Food and Elementary My Dear collections from GCD Studios and used them along with some die cut leaves and one of my paper bows (Tutorial Here) to create the finished arrangement.

Fall Arrangement

I even added a couple of butterflies using stickers from the Artsy Urban collection placed on wires.

Fall Arrangement detail

I will definitely be doing more with these flowers, because I kind of love the way they turned out :) Hope you will give them a try too.

Have a fabulous day!
Heidi

12 comments:

Ruth S said...

Love it - those flowers look amazing Heidi!
Rx

Kathy Martin said...

Very creative!!! Fabulous! :)

dstandard said...

Totally fabulous project - amazing! So creative!

~amy~ said...

Now how fun are those blooms?!!!!!

Queen of Paper said...

I love this sooooo much Heidi! You are so good with flowers and it's fun being able to peek in that head of yours!

Love ya!My crafty sista!

Winter Solstice Dreams said...

So perfect for fall! I love this design! You're very creative and clever. Xoxo Glad I found your blog :) --Kim

E.T. said...

These look wonderful! I make these A LOT just to stick as a gift decoration and sometimes on cards too. But I absolutely love how you have presented them! Brilliant.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Stunning! Love the way you made those flowers, Heidi.

samrala said...

I get to reveal what I really like...paper crafting! I might add a smidge of household products here and there, but mostly this is just me giving my creative so please keep posting on paper craft and paper flowers

Anonymous said...

We are a bunch of νolunteers and oρening a brand new scheme in our community.
Your ѕіte provided us with valuаble information to work on.
You've performed an impressive job and our entire community can be grateful to you.
Feel free to visit my web-site :: hotmail

Anonymous said...

Good day! This post could not be written any better!
Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He
always kept talking about this. I will forward this page
to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!



my weblog; bowlingballindex.blogspot.dk

Anonymous said...

I believe what you published made a great deal of sense.

However, consider this, what if you added a little content?
I am not suggesting your information isn't solid., but suppose you added a headline that makes people want more? I mean "Fall Flower arrangement and Tutorial" is kinda plain. You should peek at Yahoo's home page
and see how they create news headlines to
grab people interested. You might try adding a video or a related picture or two to get readers interested about everything've got to say. In my opinion, it could make your website a little bit more interesting.

Also visit my blog post :: http://mainframebrasil.com.br/artigos/index.php?title=Usuário:AdellGrif