Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

Hi there, Happy Valentines Day!

Today I thought it would be fun to share the valentine I created for my youngest son's classmates. It's super simple and (patting self on back) rather clever...if I do say so myself :)

(Please forgive the less than stellar photo...lighting was terrible here today)

Pixy Stix arrows! So easy to make: I cut two each of the heart tip and "feathers" and using a bit of tape runner (I steered clear of glue, not wanting to use anything potentially toxic on a food item) I sandwiched each end of the Pixy Stix in between. To finish up I snipped the "feather" and bundled two arrows together with a banner I printed out and then trimmed. My son's name and that of the recipient were then added to the back of the banner. He is so excited to give these to his friends today!

I'm a little tardy to the party with this project for this year, (I've been so last minute with everything lately) but I still thought I'd share the template I made.
I used my Pazzles Inspiration machine to cut several out at a time, but if you don't have an electronic cutter these are still pretty easy to cut by hand.

Oh and just for fun, I thought I share my Valentine Mani too :-D


XOXO Happy Valentines Day!
Heidi

4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute...great nails! Lee-Ann :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Super cute, I love this idea! Next year... :)

Amanda Profumo said...

Heidi, I have missed you... and all your wonderful creations! I love this Valentine idea- so super cute! I bet your son loved it too!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Deanna said...

Great nails and adorable pencils!